So a funny thing happens to you when your browser locks up on you and you miss the post awards post with questions for you to answer. You suddenly discover three others that you have missed over the last several month.
I just saw that I was nominated by RemiVFoliage for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much for the nomination Remi and I am so sorry it has taken me two months to answer your questions.
For anyone unfamiliar with the Sunshine Blogger Award here are the rules:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you
- Answer the questions that were given to you
- Nominate other bloggers for this award and give them your own questions to answer
- Notify those others bloggers of their nomination
Here we go!
1. If you can be any fictional character you want, who would it be and why?
I would want to be Eva Thorvald from Kitchens of the Great Midwest. She’s the star of her story without really being the star, but she also has a really cool job and such a great support system.
I am sure it’s probably different when you’re actually living the life, but traveling around the world and putting together dinner parties sounds like a great way to make a living. Serving people great food in exotic locations, and always trying to top yourself. It’s a never-ending challenge!
2. If you’re gonna investigate a murder, who’s the victim (a fictional character), and where would it be?
I don’t think Eva is an investigator. So if I was going to investigate a murder I would want to be involved with “The Black-Eyed Susan” case in Black-Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin. I just finished the book and I think that case has so many layers. Plus the technology referenced in the book sounded so cool and cutting edge.
3. Do you wanna live in the fictional world with those fictional characters (where and who) or you’re good with your current life?
Would I want to live in Black-Eyed Susans? Not really? But it is our world so it isn’t much of a tradeoff. It would just be me dealing with bones instead of my current life. Actually it would be a major career shift, which I am not sure I would be good with.
I did at one point imagine doing that kind of work but who knows. If I had become a forensic scientist I probably wouldn’t have ended up at Sarah Lawrence. If didn’t end up at Sarah Lawrence I wouldn’t have started my first book blog. If I didn’t go to Sarah Lawrence I wouldn’t have ended up writing for the campus paper. If I didn’t write for the campus paper I probably wouldn’t have accomplished half of what I have in the past year.
It’s scary to think about, so no…I think I like my life as it is for the moment.
4. If your house is on fire, what or who would you save first?
I would save my dog Sissy. Objects and books can be replaced but living things can’t and I know I would be heartbroken if I lost her in a fire.
I am certain that everyone else could get out under their own power but I have no idea how she would react to the flames so I would grab her and make sure she got out safely.
5. What’s the first thing you’d do if you win a lottery?
I thought about this the last time the Powerball jackpot came around and I actually read an article where it said that if you happened to win you shouldn’t announce it right away so that you can protect your privacy and sort of peek the publicity hounds at bay.
Knowing that I can’t say one thing I would go. It would be a process to get to the one grandiose thing I would do.
First, I would secure the ticket, put a reminder in my phone to go to the gambling commission in six months. Then I would go about my life as normal, blogging included while also getting an attorney and financial advisor secured.
Then I would cash the check and under the advisement of people I trusted make donation to a few causes close to my heart, including Sissy’s rescue and the cancer camp I attended as a teen, and then probably buy a modest house somewhere (location to be determined) and settle down with Sissy, in quiet, unconnected bliss to write, write, write.
How’s that for a plan?
1.If the apocalypse was coming and you had to evacuate Earth, what are three things you would take with you (both bookish and non-bookish items accepted)?
2. If you could pick up any skill and be an expert at it, what would you most like to learn and why?
3. What is the case on your phone right now and where did you get it? Does it have any significance or memories tied to it?
4. Can you describe yourself in three fictional characters (movie or film)? Who are they? What are their traits?
5. If you were given a one-way ticket to anywhere and anywhen you wanted, where would you go and why?
That wraps it up for this post guys! I hope you enjoyed it and so does this Sissy! There will be three more posts like this coming out over the next few weeks so keep an eye on here and Sissy and I will be back answering more questions.